If you are setting your goal towards Project management Professionals (PMP) certification, then you certainly have a bright future. PMP test is not an easy task like our regular exams. It needs quite an effort and criteria’s to be fulfilled before you apply for the test.
To achieve your goal of clearing the PMP test, you need to enrol yourself into a PMP course. Many institutes are offering online PMP courses. One among them is Simplilearn, so we thought of bringing up an informative blog based on Simplilearn reviews/ Simplilearn PMP reviews along with their pros and cons.
What is PMP???
PMP is an abbreviation of Project management Professionals and PMP certification is an internationally recognized designation. Project management Professionals (PMP) certification is offered by the Project management Institute (PMI). Project management Institute (PMI) is an American Professional body for certifying Project management Professional, Located in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, United States. According to Simplilearn PMP reviews, Simplilearn is one of the trusted Authorized Training Partners (ATP) with PMI.
For more details of PMI, click here.
Why PMP certification??
PMP certification is allocated to Project managers or any professionals equivalent to project manager post by the Project management Institute. The PMP certification provides a weightage to the one’s existing credentials of experience, project handling skills, knowledge, and competencies required to lead a project team.
The project management professionals may be working professional from any field like health industry, technical industry, Pharma industry, IT industry etc. Simplilearn reviews suggests that Simplilearn provides globally recognized certification courses like PMP certification training course.
Why PMP courses??
Many institutes are offering PMP certification courses. PMP certification course ensures that the professionals clear the PMP exam at their 1st attempt. The course is designed following The Standard for Project Management and A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge(PMBOK) Guide-6th edition. PMBOK guide is a standard practice guide providing information and instructions to help the professionals apply for PMI certification.
Recent Simplilearn PMP review article suggests that the new PMBOK guide- 7th edition is in pipeline and to be published in early 2021. According to the new 2021 format, the Institutes offering PMP courses should be approved Authorized Training Partners (ATP) from PMI. To ensure the training provided is of quality output, the PMI will approve the study material used for delivering the course and training by the institutes.
Earlier in the old 2015 format, the term Registered educational providers (REP) was used instead of Authorized Training Partners (ATP). So do not get confused with the new terms according to the new 2021 format. According to Simplilearn PMP reviews Simplilearn is recognized ATP with PMI, providing Globally recognized Certification PMP course.
Simplilearn is one of the leading online certification training boot camp providing about 400+ online various courses. They Have their branches in san Francisco, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, and Bangalore, India. Simplilearn reviews claim that the institute is recognized as the 8th most influential education brand by Linkedin.
They credit themselves with a good number of global accreditation and collaboration with renowned universities like Purdue University, PMI etc. They work along with supportive teams from trending companies like Google, Hubspot, IBM, etc.
What courses do Simplilearn offer???
Simplilearn offers various courses in the field of technology and digital marketing. Although the courses offered by Simplilearn are not cheap, ranging from INR. 8000 to 200000/- and most of their courses are with EMI options. Simplilearn reviews suggest that the most promising feature is that they have a 7day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind after purchasing the course. They offer about 400+ online courses in the field of
- Data Science & Business Analytics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Project Management
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Business and Leadership
- Quality Management
- Software Development
- Agile and Scrum
- IT Service and Architecture
- Digital Marketing
- Big Data
Simplilearn offers courses at three different levels as follows
- University’s Post-graduate courses – Simplilearn offers post-graduation courses with university certification.
- Master’s programs – Simplilearn offers Master’s programs with a Master’s certification.
- Certification courses – Simplilearn offers certification courses with a Globally recognized certification.
Click here for details about each course.
Simplilearn serves more than 2000 qualified trainer from globally recognized industry and universities. According to Simplilearn reviews each course is appointed with a “course advisor”. The details of the “course advisor” is displayed on the website in form of short biodata. This helps in ensuring the quality of training offered before you admit yourself into the course.
Simplilearn Learning techniques
Simplilearn uses a unique style and customized program for teaching-learning method. It is segmented in three different types.
- Self-paced learning– self-learning method, inclusive of high-quality eLearning content in form of video recordings, simulation tests, quiz, exam vouchers and 24/7 learner assistance and support.
- Blended learning– also known as online Bootcamp. It is inclusive of everything in self-paced learning along with online virtual classes.
- Corporate learning– customized program according to the need of the learner, specially designed for working professional to upgrade their skills.
Simplilearn Supportive study material
Supportive study material assists the learners in their learning or later phases. Study material may be in form of notes/ PPt’s/worksheets /assignments/ video recordings/ quiz etc. Simplilearn courses also provide access to the Learning Management System (LMS) and mobile apps.
Simplilearn reviews claim that Simplilearn courses are provided with “Flexi-pass”. “Flexi pass” helps the learners in getting then enrolled for classes of any tutor of their choice in case they miss out any class or do not understand any concept.
Simplilearn reviews also claim that the learners are facilitated with a unique feature called “cloud lab”. This feature helps the learners to operate any tool without actually installing it on theirmachine/mobile/tablet.
Simplilearn Support team
Simplilearn support team is highly responsive in case of query attainment and resolution. The mode of contact is either by phone calls or live chats on their website. According to Simplilearn reviews Simplilearn Community is another great feature where one can get their queries resolved using “community chatbox” in case the support team is not available.
Simplilearn Job support
Simplilearn has reduced the efforts of aspiring candidates and the skill hunt of hiring companies by bridging the gap between them with placement assisted service called as “JobAssist”. JobAssit helps the candidate and the hiring companies to meet on one platform and place the right talent in the right place. According to Simplilearn reviews Job Assist feature helps the candidates in acquiring the good job post.
Click here for more details on JobAssist.
Simplilearn PMP course
Simplilearn PMP reviews suggest that Simplilearn is an authorized Training Partner with the Project management Institute offering the PMP certification training course. Simplilearn PMP reviews ensure that they cover all the topics as per the PMBOK-6th edition Guide and follow the new 2021 exam pattern guidelines to deliver their certification training course.
The key features of the Simplilearn PMP course according to Simplilearn PMP reviews are they offer
- 35 contact hours/ PDU. Professional Development Units (PDUs) are defined by PMI as one-hour slabs of time that any professionals spend learning, teaching others, or volunteering in Project management field.
- Simplilearn provides digital license key to their learners so that they get access to Digital study material approved by PMI.
- Four simulation test papers of 180 questions each are provided to the learners as a practice to clear the main exam. Eligibility to obtain the Certificate is 80%.
- Simplilearn also provides experimental learnings in their training program.
- Simplilearn courses are provided with a 7day money-back guarantee, But Simplilearn PMP course is offered with a 100% money-back guarantee in case the learner does not pass the PMP exam at 1st attempt.
Simplilearn PMP course is provided in two learning techniques
- Blended/ online Bootcamp Training– the fee structure for this course is INR.12200/-
- Corporate Training- it’s a customized training and hence the fees are dependent on one’s choice of feature selected in the program.
For details about each course click on Simplilearn PMP reviews / Simplilearn reviews
For more details click on Simplilearn reviews
What is the PMP Exam??
Project management Professionals Exam is not a simple task. It requires a lot of selfless effort and study. The PMP exam pattern has changed and is implemented from January 2021. There are three significant changes made in the new PMP exam as follows.
1. PMP Exam Format
The old 2015 Exam format questions were based on formula, situational, and knowledge. The old 2015 format constituted of 200 multiple choice questions covering various domains of
- Five processing Groups: Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and closing and
- Ten information areas: Project Integration Management, Project Scope Management, Project Schedule Management, Project Cost Management, Project Quality Management, Project Resource Management, Communication Management, Project Risk Management, Procurement Management, Stakeholder Management).
Recent reviews show that the New 2021 exam pattern includes 180 questions in a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot, and fill in the blank covering the three Primary domains: People, Process and business environment. The time to solve the exam is 230minutes. The new format is scenario-based consisting mainly of animations to check the soft skills of candidates.
2. PMP Exam Content
The major changes are done in the PMP exam format. The old 2015 format focused on five domains i.e., Project Initiation (weightage 13%), Planning (weightage 24%), Execution (weightage 31%), Monitoring (weightage 25%) and closing (weightage 7%).
The new 2021 PMP exam format focuses on three primary domains i.e., People (weightage 42%), Process (weightage 50%), and Business environment (weightage 8%). According to Simplilearn PMP reviews Simplilearn follows the format and delivers quality output PMP course.
3. ATP Exam Preparation
ATP is an abbreviation of Authorized Training Partners. In the old 2015 format, the exam preparation and training were offered by Registered educational providers (REP). According to the new 2021 format, the Registered educational providers (REP) will be replaced with Authorized Training Partners (ATP).
The PMI will approve the study material of exam preparation delivered by Authorized Training Partners (ATP) to ensure proper training to their candidates. The study material must include Project manager checklist, Spotlight videos, Practice assessments and Student manual and knowledge checks.
On approval, the Authorized Training Partners (ATP) will allot a digital license key to their candidates/learners to access the resources of study material used in exam preparation. According to Simplilearn PMP reviews Simplilearn is an Authorized Training Partners (ATP) with PMI and also allocated digital license key to their candidates/learners to access the study material.
The PMI certification exam fee is different for PMI registered members and Nonmembers. The detailed fee structure is as below.
|PMP® Certification Exam fee with PMI® Membership||Rs. 23,459|
|PMP® Certification Exam fee without PMI® Membership||Rs. 42,863|
|PMI® Membership fee||Rs. 10,735|
|PMI® Membership renewal fee||Rs. 9,963/year|
|Re-examination fee for PMI® members||Rs. 15,929|
|Re-examination fee for non-members||Rs. 28,961|
Criteria to apply for PMP certification
Any professional working as a Project Managers, Associate/Assistant Project Managers, Team Leads/Team Managers, Project Executives/Project Engineers, Software Developers, or Any professional aspiring to be a Project Manager can apply for PMP certification. Simplilearn PMP reviews ensures that Simplilearn fulfils that the certification criteria’s are meet while delivering the course.
Before applying for the PMI certificate Exam make sure you fulfil the following criteria of education qualification, project management experience and project management training.
|Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Education/ CAPM® Certification|
|High school diploma or an associate’s degree||5 years / 60 months / 7500 hours||35 hours|
|Four-year degree/ Graduates||3 years / 36 months / 4500 hours||35 hours|
How to apply for PMI certificate exam??
If you want to apply for PMI certificate exam just follow three steps.
Step1– Confirm your eligibility
Step 2- Gather your documentation regarding projects you have worked on and the training you have completed.
Step 3– Register on the official website of PMI pmi.org and fill in your application form.
Once you have filled your application form you will receive an approval from PMI and will be asked to pay the exam fees. After the payment is done, you will receive an email from PMI regarding instructions and certificate eligibility code for scheduling your exam at the nearest testing center.
The exam schedule period is restricted for a year, so make sure you schedule your exam before the period expires. In case you do not attend the exam in the scheduled period, you need to process the whole procedure again. In a year you are eligible to give three attempts of PMI exam. Simplilearn PMP Reviews ensures that Simplilearn trains the candidates in clearing their exam at 1st attempt.
For more details about click on PMP exam/ Simplilearn PMP reviews /Simplilearn reviews
Positive Simplilearn PMP course review
Simplilearn is one of the top listed institute offering various online courses/training Programs. Simplilearn reviews suggest that 95% of the facts shared on their official website regarding PMP courses are true to their best. Simplilearn PMP reviews on Quora, Mouthshut and Trustpilot show a good rating with above 4 stars. Simplilearn PMP reviews suggest that Simplilearn offers one of the best PMP training and meets all the deed ends. Some of the positive Simplilearn reviews are listed below.
Negative Simplilearn PMP course reviews
According to Simplilearn reviews, the pros overlap the cons. Though there are a few cons suggested in Simplilearn reviews regarding Fee structure, Syllabus covered, and LMS issues, the positive aspects overlap the negative ones. Some of the negative Simplilearn reviews are listed below.
Conclusion on Simplilearn review
Depending on Simplilearn PMP reviews we suggest that Simplilearn PMP course is a genuine and quality output course delivered by Simplilearn. Simplilearn has numerous positive aspects which one desires from any course.
To make it simpler we have put a list of the positive aspects about the course depending upon the Simplilearn PMP course review.
- According to Simplilearn reviews, the Insitute is recognized as the 8th most influential education brand by Linkedin.
- A 7day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind after purchasing the course.
- 35 contact hours/ PDU.
- Simplilearn provides digital licence key to their learners so that they get access to Digital study material approved by PMI.
- Four simulation test papers of 180 questions each. Eligibility to obtain the Certificate is 80%.
- Simplilearn also provides experimental learnings in their training program.
- Simplilearn PMP course is offered with a 100% money-back guarantee in case the learner does not pass the PMP exam at 1st attempt.
- Global accreditation and collaboration with renowned universities like Purdue University, PMI etc.
- Supported by trending companies like Google, Hubspot, IBM, etc
- Globally recognised PMP certification of course.
- Experienced trainers/experts from well-known Industries and universities
- “course advisor” is provided for every course.
- Different teaching-learning methods like Blended learning like online Bootcamp and corporate learning.
- Study material available in form of notes/ PPt’s/worksheets /assignments/ video recordings etc. Learning management system (LMS) and mobile apps.
- “cloud lab”
- “community chatbox”
- EMI options are available for most of the courses.
One of the Simplilearn reviews suggested issues is the non-performance of LMS access. It is technical issues and Simplilearn reviews show an update that the issues are been resolved after the complaint was registered. Apart from that Simplilearn reviews suggested issues regarding increased fees structure of courses compared to other institutes. According to us, the fee structure is charged based on the services provided by the institute. Simplilearn not only provides quality output but also assures 100% money-back guarantee in case the learners do not clear the PMP exam at 1st attempt.