Want to know the on-demand technical skill for an Electronic engineer resume?
This article will explain to you the details of an Electronic engineer resume.
Electronics and communicating engineering is a study of electronic devices and communication equipment. It also researches, designs, develops, and tests electronic equipment.
Different electronics and communication engineering specializations exist, like audio, visual, and light equipment; control systems; automation, and microelectronics.
Jobs are available in manufacturing, telecommunication, scientific research, medical research and medical instrument manufacturers, and aviation and aerospace companies.
Jobs are advertised online, in newspapers, on the company website, and in publications like computer weekly and Electrical review.
Technical skills required for an Electronics Engineer resume.
An electronic engineer works for government agencies, military organizations, defence, security contractors, and aerospace.
The skillset is focused on the methodologies for checking quality control and assurance, electronics troubleshooting, and test engineering.
An electronics engineer should have a balance of technical and leadership skills.
1. Engineering design
In an Electronics engineer resume, engineering design skill positively impacts getting a salary hike. The requirement of engineering design may vary from industry to industry.
Electronic engineers with knowledge of basic engineering design are more versatile. It helps Electronics engineers develop an in-depth specialization in the workplace requirement that will benefit both the company and their career.
2. Test Engineering
Test Engineering involves skills to check quality assurance and quality control. By implementing these skills, one can get a better opportunity.
Test engineering comes under the top 5 skill sets required in an Electronics engineer resume. It has the potential to increase your salary by at least 3 %. Highlight the skill to get a good chance to get selected for an interview.
3. C, C++, VHDL and HDL Programming Languages.
Knowledge of Programming Languages is beneficial for all engineers. Integrated circuits and embedded electronics are the most demanding in the industry.
Most embedded systems are coded in C. Hardware description language(HDL) determines the circuits’ behaviour in electronic engineering.
Knowing in-demand languages like C and C++ is very important for engineers.
4. Project Management
Project Management has the maximum impact on earning potential. This is the most popular skill set required in an Electronics Engineering resume.
For career advancement, one should highlight project management skills in their resume. Engineers may get responsibilities like product life cycles, identifying areas for process improvement, and mapping the scope for product development.
Industries like Aerospace and manufacturing knowledge of lean six Sigma are important so that the team can operate properly with less waste.
Six Sigma is a customer-centric manufacturing concept to controls defects and costs and increases customer satisfaction. It provides a technique to standardize work methods that reduces rework and wastage.
The focus of Six Sigma is to add value to the customers and improve production and quality faster and cheaper.
This technical skill has provided many opportunities for certified Six Sigma professionals.
So one need to upgrade their technical skill as per the need of the hour.
5. AutoDesk AutoCAD
Autodesk AutoCAD is a common skill set for every engineer’s resume, but the salary impact can vary from department to department.
Autodesk AutoCAD is the best CAD software; to get a better payout, one should have specialization in it. Like electronic engineers should do electronic control system features.
6. Electronic Troubleshooting
According to the electronics engineer resume data, electronic troubleshooting is the most popular skill. The responsibility of an electronic engineer is to test different electronic gadgets and troubleshoot them if required.
7. Programmable Logic controllers/Automation
Programmable logic controllers are used in the manufacturing industry.
It is not required for all electronics engineers but knowing programmable logic controller can be an extra benefit in the resume. It mostly deals with electrical equipment and devices and improves the productivity of other control systems.
Soft skill for Electronic engineer resume
In any engineering job, only technical skill is not enough. Soft skills needed to add to the electronic engineer resume like:-
● Team Player Attitude:- The attitude to coordinate with other team members is counted as a soft skill.
● Growth Mindset:- Mindset to grab an opportunity to rise in the career, find strength, and work on weaknesses.
● Adaptability:- A positive attitude to adopt any change in the role or industry to grow towards a successful career.
● Interpersonal Skills:- It includes communication skills, presentation skills, respect for others, etc.
The resume of an ECE engineer should look like this:
A step-by-step guide on how to build a resume as an electronic engineer:
1. First of all, select a resume format for engineering. Every professional resume format is different from others.
So select the modern format of resume for engineering. Or you can use tried and tested templates of different sites.
2. The next step is to add the contact details like your phone number, email id, and permanent address at the top of the resume.
3. After adding the contact details, write the summary or objectives in short. What are your qualities or strengths, and why do you want to become an engineer?
4. Try to add or highlight some points that may make you stand out from others, like qualities that can be an asset to the company.
5. Next is the education journey, write you all the qualifications from highest education to the basic. Add the name of the school, college, and year of passing out. And if any computer courses completed by you.
6. Engineering skills are also important, so add the engineering skills like problem-solving ability, teamwork, communication, and attention to detail.
7. Add your electronic engineering certificates and licenses.
8. If there is an additional resume section in your formate, use that by adding your hobbies or any special certification you have.
9. Lastly, attach a cover letter to your electronic engineering resume. In the cover letter, write things not written in the resume.
The job scope of an electronic engineer-
Engineering students in electronic and communication fields are likely to get jobs in different industries. Industries such as
Telecommunication, Mobile communication, the Automotive industry, Consumer electronics manufacturing organization, IT industry, Internet and ethernet technology, Health care equipment manufacturing, Power electronics, steel industry, Petroleum industry, and chemical industry provide jobs.
An electronic and communication engineer can also work in avionics, aviation, and electricity plants—more scope of opportunities open for electronics engineering.
- Analog and Radio frequency circuits:
Televisions and mobile phones need analogue and radio frequency circuits. They have created wi-fi, and bandwidth also. Demand in this industry can be seen because without the internet people can survive.
- Computer and digital system:
The computer and the digital system have become the most crucial part of day-to-day function. Every system from marketing to small work depend on computer and digital system. So this industry will be in demand in future also.
Networks like 3G,4G and the latest 4G have made easy access to every corner of the world. The collaboration with other countries, general people can make an international call to get connected with their relatives. This industry has a huge amount of scope for progress.
A survey has shown that more industries from different grounds are restoring to nanotechnology. Items like solar cells, microscopic sensors, tracking chips and transistors mini are the latest and smartest technology in the world.
- Control systems and Robotics:
Industries are changing from human production to robotics and automation varies production to increase the proficiency of the workflow. Robotics and automation boost production and manage waste during the workflow. It has so many advantages, seeing this every industry is opting for Robotic and automation.
- Energy storage technology:
There is a decrease in non-renewable energy sources. There is a need to conserve non-renewable resources, so keep in mind people are using environment-friendly modes of storage. Technology like unit-level and grid-level energy is very demanding in storing energy.
Now it’s high time to keep in mind the size occupancy and economic sustainability so that non renewable energy don not finish.
Engineering is a vast industry with different elements and specializations.
Versatile and universal skills are the two pillars of getting a good job in engineering.
Engineers should always update their technical skills as per the requirement of the company and environment. Righ educational background can lead you to the right path.
Another element one should have is creativity and the ability to critical reasoning. In a job, you should have the potential to solve any problem you face during your work.
Lastly, engineers mean innovation; an enthusiast engineer can think out box to invent to solve the problems of day-day problems.
- TOP 10 ONLINE IT CERTIFICATION COURSES THAT ARE MOST IN DEMAND FOR 2022
- TOP 10 BLOCKCHAIN COURSES IN HYDERABAD
- TOP 12 BLOCKCHAIN COURSES IN BANGALORE
- TOP 12 BLOCKCHAIN COURSES IN MUMBAI (DON’T IGNORE)
Ans: Soft skills non-technical skills related to how you work related to office pressure, colleagues, problem-solving attitude etc.
Ans: Different specialities of engineering are:
Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing, Petroleum, Sanitary, Traffic, Geotechnical, Environmental, Control system and Agriculture.
Ans: Some of the skills that are common for all engineers for their resumes:
Computer science knowledge as per the latest technology, Industry skills in their respective field, creativity, Communication and Structural Analysis.
Ans: Here are the tips:
● Make a plan.
● Take some real industry projects, this is your advantage.
● Technologically updated.
● Be strong in your specialization and practical knowledge.
● Improve your network.
Ans: To become a good electronic engineer, you should take admission in a professional course like:
MATLAB, Linux, Embedded system, Industrial automation, Python, Java, VLSI, and VHDL and FPGA.