What exactly is an M.A. Course?
M.A. is an acronym for “Master of Arts.” It is a master’s degree program. An undergraduate degree is another term for it. It takes a duration period of two years to complete this program. Now, a question will arise in your mind: who can enroll in an M.A. course? Students, one who wants to explore the subject deeper, and one who wants to become well qualified can both enroll in this course, but they must have completed their bachelor’s degree. Many universities offer this degree as a full-time course, but some offer part-time courses. Many students are busy with their full-time jobs. So they can take part-time courses, correspondence, or distance learning mode. Like this, they will do their jobs and pursue their masters. If you achieve the M.A. level, you will be a master and have expertise in your field.
Many candidates have a misconception that the distance learning degree of M.A. is not equivalent to the regular learning degree of M.A.but this is just a myth. The distance learning degree of M.A. has an equivalent value to the regular degree of M.A. so enroll yourself in any university that offers distance learning without having any doubt.
Furthermore, in the article, readers will get detailed information about M.A. courses, M.A. admission process, M.A. subjects, M.A. fee, and M.A. career opportunities. Don’t leave the article in between, or you may skip any important information regarding M.A. courses.
Can Students from Other Fields enroll themselves in M.A. Course?
Many students have this question in their mind: can a student from another field enroll himself in an M.A. course? Yes, a student of another field can enroll himself in an M.A. course, only he needs to have an undergraduate degree in any appropriate subject and marks according to the eligibility criteria of the university.
What Qualities are needed to get admission in an M.A. Course?
A student needs to be focused and zealous towards the course and subjects which he is going to choose in the M.A. course to have a great career. Above this, a student should have good communication and writing skills so that he can write precise answers while attempting his exams. With this, he also needs to have critical thinking to solve critical questions in exams.
What is the Duration of the M.A. Course?
The duration period of M.A. ( Master of Arts) is of two years for the students. There are four semesters in M.A.( Master of Arts) which every student needs to clear and obtain passing marks.
What is the Eligibility Criteria For getting admission to an M.A. Course?
Students who wish to enroll in M.A. courses must complete the following eligibility requirements:
- Students should have completed their bachelor’s degree in 3 years.
- Students should obtain a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The degree should be obtained by the UGC (University Grants Commission) of India.
- Students should have scored 50% while obtaining their graduation degree. Some universities demand 55% or 60% to be admitted to M.A. courses.
- There is good news for the students who belong to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other backward castes. The government has given 5% relaxation to the students of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other backward castes.
- Final year students of bachelors are eligible to apply for M.A. courses.
- If you have a misconception in your mind that there is an age limit for the M.A. courses, then there is no age limit for enrolling in the M.A. courses. You can enroll yourself in M.A. courses at any age.
What is the M.A. Admission Process to Get Admission to M.A. Course?
Students need to follow the procedure to enroll themselves in the M.A. courses that are mentioned below:
- As we all know, every application process starts with registration, and so does the M.A. admission process. It all starts with the registration part of the exam.
- Some renowned universities conduct an entrance exam for the M.A. admission process to evaluate whether a student is eligible for admission to a specific program or not.
- Every university demands academic certificates and personal details such as name, address, contact number, and valid email ID, so all students need to be ready with all the documents before proceeding for admission.
- After the registration process, all students will get their username and password to log in to their portal.
- Congratulations to all the students, the registration process is done. The university will provide you with an admit card via portal or email before the exam date.
Which M.A. Subjects are Taught in the M.A. Course?
Nowadays students have many choices to choose the M.A. subjects according to their area of interest, not like earlier days. Here is the list of the M.A. subjects:
- Political Science
- Teaching Education
- Communication studies
- Rural Development
- Social work
- Religious Studies
- Library and Information Science
- International Relation
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
- Development studies
- Mass Communication and Journalism
What is the M.A. Fee Structure of the M.A. Course?
The M.A. fee structure varies from university to university. It starts with 5000 to 18000 per year. Please read the table carefully to check the M.A. fee structure of different universities:
|Ignou||10, 800 (Per annum)|
|Delhi University||11,480 (Per annum)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||2,520 (Per annum)|
|Hindu College||12,307(Per annum)|
|Hansraj College||12,307(Per annum)|
|Lady Shri Ram College||17,976 (Per annum)|
|St. Stephen’s College||38,470 (Per annum)|
|Miranda House||14,530 (Per annum)|
|Ramjas College||9,380 (per annum)|
|Jesus and Mary College||12,823 (per annum)|
|Kamla Nehru College||7,999 (per annum)|
|Christ University of Bangalore||50,000 for those students who belong to Karnataka|
60,000 for those students who belong to other Indian states
Which Are the Top Colleges to Obtain the M.A. Degree?
- Loyola College in Chennai
- Mount Carmel college in Bangalore
- Fergusson College in Pune
- Symbiosis of Arts and Commerce in Pune
- Presidency College in Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College in Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Ranchi
- Hindu College in Delhi
- DU SOL-School of Open Learning, University of Delhi
- St. Stephen’s College in Delhi
- PSG College of Arts and Science in Coimbatore
- Government of Arts College in Coimbatore
- Anwarul Uloom College in Hyderabad
- Hansraj College in Delhi
- St. Joseph College in Bangalore
- MCM D.A.V. Colleges in Chandigarh
- GCW sector-14 in Gurugram
- Farook College in Kozhikode
- Maharaja’s College in Ernakulam
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in Delhi
What Are the Great Career Options After Pursuing M.A. Course?
There are many excellent career opportunities after obtaining the degree of Master of Arts. A student can get a handsome salary by choosing a lucrative profession after doing an M.A. course. It depends upon the subjects and interests of every student. Here is the list of M.A. career options.
- Content writer
- IELTS trainer
- Business corporate trainer
- Pearson Language Test (PTE) trainer
- Creative writing trainer
- Creative writer
- Content writing trainer
- Public speaking trainer
- Public speaker
- Human resource manager (HR)
- Assistant professor
- High school teacher
- Social worker
- Administrative officer
- Academic counselor
- Copy editor
- Technical writer
- Academic writer
- Medical writer
These all are great M.A. career options that can make your career bright and you can earn a handsome salary.
What is the Scope of Pursuing an M.A. in the Future?
A person who wants to pursue his or her career in M.A. has a bright future. There are only pros of having an M.A. degree, no cons are there.
- After obtaining a degree of M.A. a person can certainly expect a handsome salary.
- He can apply to his dream company and grab the job.
- He is counted in the list of well-qualified persons.
- His resume becomes more impressive.
- His chances of getting a promotion get increased with the hike in the salary.
- He is counted in the list of experienced people.
- If a person wants to leave his current company and apply for a better position in another company then the company calls the person immediately and hires him as he is holding a postgraduate degree.
I advise all the students who want to take admission in M.A. course, make their career bright to make their unique place in the corporate world and get a handsome salary enroll themselves in the M.A. courses as soon as possible. You just need to earn some skills and an M.A. degree to be called a well-qualified person.
Important FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) regarding M.A. Course
Ans: It takes a duration period of two years to complete this program.
Ans: A student of any field can enroll himself in an M.A. course.
Ans: It is available for both full-time and part-time courses.
Ans: No, there is no age limit for enrolling in the M.A. courses.
Ans: There are total four semesters in the M.A. courses.
Ans: An average salary of a content writer offered after completing an M.A. course is around five to eight lakh per annum.
Ans: Yes, the distance learning degree of M.A. has an equivalent value to the regular degree of M.A.