Today one of the most successful career options is that of a software developer.
The demand for software programmers is so huge that they can easily negotiate for double or even more salary. This keeps the HR department of the IT companies on their toes to retain their employees.
There are several programming languages that software developers use to create software for different purposes.
C++ is one such programming language that is widely and commonly used. C++ is a general-purpose programming language created by Danish computer scientist, Bjarne Stroustrup. It is a strong foundation in a programmer’s skill set. It is used to create superior applications.
The demand for software developers with knowledge and experience of C++ is very high.
Let us have a look at some of the top 10 C++ courses available online.
1. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is a reputed training institute that provides both online and offline courses.
It is based in the US and India and offers courses in different streams and subjects. Henry Harvin is ranked amongst the top 100 Edtech companies in India. It provides more than 200 courses and has a presence in 97+ countries. Henry Harvin is proud to have trained more than 3 lakhs students with 5000+ training sessions.
There is a variety of programming language courses available in the Coding academy of Henry Harvin. One of them is a C++ course online.
Learning and career benefits of doing the C++ course at Henry Harvin are;
- Ranked No. 2 – The C++ Certification with DS logo and Algo combo course has been ranked No.2 by BestCourseNews.com
- 100% Practical Training with GCAO Pedagogy
- live interactive classes
- Guidance from industry experts up to 1 year after the course training
- The comprehensive curriculum is prepared with an insight into meeting the challenges in the industry
- Capstone Projects
- Weekly Job support
- Recorded Videos
- Refresher course every month
- Career support – Career counseling, placement, interview skills training
- Duration – 55 hours
- E-learning Access – includes recorded videos, games, projects, and case studies
- Internship opportunities
Udemy is a fast-growing popular online education provider. It provides a number of online courses in form of videos and online classes and is available in almost every field. A major reason for its popularity is that it has a large pool of courses for learners to choose from. There are over 1, 85,000 courses available on Udemy and at a very reasonable fee.
The various categories of courses provided by Udemy are Business, Finance & Accounting, IT & Software, Office productivity, Personal development, Design, Marketing, and many more including creative courses.
There are many C++ courses available on Udemy as well.
Below are some course benefits of doing a C++ course from Udemy;
- A comprehensive syllabus covering every detail.
- Online classroom sessions with a whiteboard and practical demo
- Module-wise quiz and workbooks
- Projects for students for practical exposure
What you will learn?
- Basic concepts of C++
- Operators and Expressions
- Conditional statement
- Loops, Pointers, Functions
- Function Overloading
- OOPs Concepts
- Classes and Objects
- Constructors, Destructors, Classes & Objects
- Operator Overloading and Function Overriding
- Inheritance, Polymorphism
- Abstract Classes and Inner Classes
- Friend Members and Static Members
- Exception Handling
- I/O Streams, STL
- Lambda Expressions
- Features on Modern C++ 11
The duration of this course is 30.5 hours and the course fee is INR 639/-
Additionally, you get 289 downloadable resources and 48 exercises on coding.
Also lifetime access and Certificate on course completion.
edX.org was started in the year 2012, by Professor Anant Agarwal and his colleagues from MIT and Harvard. In 10 years. Edx.org launched many learning programs in the field of technology. To name a few;
- RDX(Research Data Exchange) for advanced learning science
- MicroMasters programs for graduate-level learning,
- MicroBachelors programs providing bachelor’s degree
- Master of Science in Analytics to earn a master’s degree
edX is a fast-growing Edtech company providing more than 3600 courses and 42 million users.
There are many courses available on edX for C++. One of them is Advanced Programming in C++ by NYU.
This is an intermediate-level course and a self-paced course with below key features;
- Self-paced online training
- Interactive lectures
- Estimated duration – 8 weeks with 7-9 hours per week
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Unlimited access to course material
- edX support
- Regular assignments and bi-weekly quizzes
- Hands-on practice of C++ programs through twelve lab challenges.
- Certificate on completion
- Course fee – INR 26317/-
The syllabus of the Advanced Programming in C++ from edX can be briefly put below into 8 topics covered in 8 weeks;
- Function Analysis
- Function Implementation
- Function Labs
- Rf Array Labs
- String Labs
- Final Exams
Coursera is a leading online training company that has partnered with 200+ universities and companies. It provides several user-friendly, affordable, and job-oriented courses to individuals and corporates.
Coursera is a 10 years old company founded by Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng. It has a global presence with 82 million students, 600+ campuses, organizations, and companies.
Below are some learning benefits from Coursera;
- Affordable – Earn quality education with affordable fees and also free courses
- Flexible schedule – Get on-demand lectures as per your schedule
- Hands-on projects
- Enhance your career skills with applied learning and comprehensive skills data.
- Learn from leading colleges and companies like Yale, Google, IBM, and others.
- Access to case studies, eBooks, and webcasts
- Shareable certificate on completion
Coursera offers C++ through the University of California, Santacruz. This course is for experienced C programmers and below are the key features of the program.
- Duration – 13 hours
- Skills acquired – Graph Theory, C++11, C++, Graph Algorithms
- Syllabus – 4 module course divided into 4 weeks with a final exam in the 5th week.
- Course language – English. However, subtitles are available in many foreign languages.
- Course fee – This course is available for free.
5. LinkedIn Learning – Become a C++ Developer
LinkedIn is a huge network platform that connects individuals and corporates at a professional level.
It is the world’s largest professional network with over 830 million people on board, enabling the exchange of ideas, knowledge, professional concepts, latest updates, events happening, and other updates.
Interestingly, LinkedIn also offers online learning solutions through LinkedIn Learning.
There is a variety of courses available for professionals looking forward to upgrading their skills and career. You will find self-paced online courses in numerous areas, helping professionals to identify and choose the right course for themselves.
Talking only about technical training, LinkedIn Learning has more than 2,500 courses ranging from programming to hardware to cloud computing and cyber security.
Let us find out the general details of the C++ course on LinkedIn Learning.
“Become a C++ Developer” is a popular course on LinkedIn learning for C++.
Below are the elements of this online program;
- Expert-led tutorials.
- Use of the ‘Learn, Explore and Build methodology’ – You will learn the basics of C++, explore solutions to challenges in C++ programming and build a development environment and applications.
- Duration – 19 hours
- A comprehensive syllabus with 8 modules as mentioned below;
- Learning C++
- C++ Essential Training
- C++ Templates and the STL
- Web Servers & APIs using C++
- Introducing Functional programming in C++
- Best practices for developers in C++
- Code Clinic C++
- Nail your C++ interview.
- Certification on completion
6. Blend Infotech
Blend Infotech is a fast emerging IT-based company specializing in IT-related services like Training, Software development, Web development, consultancy, and placements.
It was started by a team of professionals with a vision to provide the most advanced and updated education at an affordable price. These programs are designed to match the dynamic industry demands enabling the students to be productive right from the time they are hired by companies.
Blend Infotech has interesting schemes like Pay after Placement and interest-free loans for students who cannot afford to have a quality education. In this scheme, you do not have to pay anything during your training. Once you are placed for a job, then you can pay back to Blend Infotech.
These schemes are a USP of Blend Infotech helping students to reach their dream jobs without any financial burden.
Below are the highlights of the training provided at Blend Infotech;
- Live classes
- Trained by industry experts and mentors
- Opportunity to work on live projects
- Technical support even after course completion
- Lab facility
- Back up classes
- Career and placement support
- Personal mentoring
- Assignments and quizzes
- Online classes of 5+ hours, 5 days a week
- Assessment test
- Work full time
- Earn Stipend
- Add 1+ years of experience to your resume.
7. Internshala Training
Internshala provides training to individuals with the objective of upskilling and making them ready to go and start working. It provides various training programs in different categories and different forms like short-term courses, long-term courses, internships, and others.
Apart from normal training, Internshala provides opportunities to freshers to gain real-time job experience in form of training and internships and even full-time jobs.
Started by a group of youngsters, Internshala is a multi-training company offering training programs in different fields like Programming, Business Management, Core Engineering, Data Science, Creative courses, and others.
Internshala provides a certificate course in C++ with the below course elements;
- Self-paced online classes
- Opportunity to work on 3 projects for hands-on practice
- Duration – 8 weeks
- Downloadable content
- Placement assistance and preparation for interviews.
- Q and A forum for clearing doubts.
- Certificate on course completion.
Udacity is a leading online education provider in the field of technology. It provides online courses globally in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Cloud computing, Data Science, Cyber Security, Programming, and other technical areas.
Udacity was started by Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig from Stanford as an experiment of providing online training for Artificial Intelligence. It was a huge success as over 1, 60,000 students enrolled worldwide for the course. Since then there is no looking back for Udacity to provide world-class education in the technology area.
C++ course is available at Udacity with a unique learning methodology.
The course benefit of doing the C++ course from Udacity are listed below;
- Consultative approach – customized learning solution after understanding the skill gap of the student
- Project-based learning
- Subject and industry expert faculty
- Constant mentoring and feedback to ensure full knowledge transfer
- Queries were attended within 1 hour.
- Certificate on course completion
- The C++ course is available for free on Udacity.
9. Cloud Academy
Cloud Academy is a fast-growing learning solution provider. It has partnered with many leading organizations to provide top-quality online training in the technology domain.
Cloud academy offers training on two platforms namely;
- Enterprise feature: that is made for corporates and provides customized training solutions including skill assessment, training plans, profiling & analytics, and customization of content.
- End-user feature: This is made for individuals and it offers creating learning paths, hands-on lab practices, and comprehensive & updated course content.
Cloud academy offers the “C++ Programming: From Beginner to Master” course for individual learners.
As the title of the course suggests, this program is for those who are beginners and want to master the language.
You will achieve the below skills after doing the program.
- Become an expert in C++ programming
- Learn the application of procedural and object-oriented concepts and syntax.
- Upskill with the practical skills and terminology of software development
- Create custom data structure with array and link-based approaches.
- Implementation of ADTs list, stack, and Queue
Other takeaways from the course are;
- Self-paced videos
- Quizzes and assessments
- Hands-on lab experience
- Practice certification exams
- Full access to the library from anywhere and even in offline mode.
- User-friendly content with options of subtitles, changing video speed, etc. for easy understanding.
- Certificate on course completion
10. Code academy
Code academy is an initiative taken by a bunch of young minds with an intention to provide education that is flexible, easily accessible, and interactive. It has a wide range of courses for programming languages and offers online tutorials for the same.
Code Academy has its presence globally and has placed its students in top companies like Facebook, Google, NASA, IBM, and many others.
Code Academy offers the ‘C++ for Programmers’. It is an intermediate-level course intended for programmers who already have basic knowledge of programming and want to focus on C++.
The syllabus of the course is a combination of integrated content and different projects divided into schedules as below;
Basic Syntax in C++: 7 articles, 1 project
Control Flow in C++: 4 articles, 1 project
Functions in C++: 4 articles, 1 project
Object-Oriented Programming in C++: 5 articles, 1 project
C++’s Built-in Data Structures: 5 articles, 1 project
As a part of the training, students shall create portfolio projects that would showcase their new skills and give them practical exposure.
The duration of the course is 9 hours and students will earn a certificate of completion with PRO.
As we know that C++ is a very common programming language. It has a good scope in the industry as many companies use C++ to develop softwares, operating systems, finance-based applications, gaming apps, etc.
Despite the introduction of many new programming languages, C++ is still one of the popular languages. The average salary of a software developer with C++ knowledge is around 8 lakhs per annum.
Freshers and professionals who are keen on making a career in C++ can choose effectively from a large pool of sources and resources to learn the programming language and upgrade their knowledge and enhance their career growth.
A2. There is no mandatory minimum qualification required to learn C++. However, a person should have basic knowledge of computers and softwares.
A2. Even though several new programming languages are coming into the industry, C++ is still popular and commonly used for coding. It is not an outdated language and is in demand because of its reliability and efficiency.
A3. It is not necessary to have knowledge of C before learning C++ as C++ is a superset of C and includes everything about C in its syllabus. However, if you know the C language already, then it will be easier for you to understand a few concepts in C++.
C++ is used to develop OS, web applications, gaming applications, and, other software. Some of the most popular and powerful apps are created on C++. For eg. Photoshop. Youtube, Amazon, Google, Mozilla Firefox, and many others.
A5. Just learning the C++ programming language, takes 3 to 6 months depending upon your basic programming knowledge. If you want to gain expertise in C++ then it may take up to 2 years.
A6. Yes, it may sound strange but you can learn C++ programming language even on your android phone.
There are many code editors available on the Play store for C++ with the help of which you can create apps.